I know that I already mentioned my hubby's pb&h addiction in an earlier post. But I have another try-new-things-out-of-love-food-related-story that I want to share. Waaaaay back, when I was a senior in high school, Ryan was invited over for dinner at my parent's house. Now, this may seem like no big deal to most people, but you have to consider the facts.
* Both my mother and my father were feared in the group of guys Ryan hung around.
* My father is Mexican. (If you can guess from "Gruss", Ryan is not.)
* Based on the second fact, it's not hard to come to the conclusion that the food we ate was often quite different from the food Ryan ate.
* At this point we had been together for 2.5 years, and this was the first time my father had actually *invited* him over.
* I was nervous, and totally projected that all over Ryan...poor guy never saw it coming...
Those are the facts, on to the tale. So, before Ryan came over I helped my mom decide what was for dinner, and started to help make dinner with her. My mom has a reputation for eating really spicy foods, and I warned her at least 15 million times - Don't! Make! It! Spicy! I told Ryan what we were having over the phone, and tried to convey that it wouldn't be spicy because my mom had been lectured by me.
Well, turns out that all the lecturing and all the assisting in the world won't stop a jalapeño on a mission. I still remember the look on Ryan's face. He's a real trooper! He ate all of that tortilla soup that my mom made. I think he also drank a gallon of water and all of the soda! I don't remember anything else that we had for dinner. Just the soup. To think, when I met Ryan he truly did not like soup, or spice. For dinner this week, we had homemade taco soup...twice.
The page today is supposed to look like a prize! Awarded to Mr. Gruss for his bravery in all of our
Here's the scoop:
1) You must become a follower, and stick around until the 15th (when I draw).
2) Comment each day to get an entry for a fabulous prize! It's the perfect gift for anyone!
3) I will have a special bonus post to get you an additional entry (or two, or three) sometime in the 14 day countdown, so be on the lookout!