I just can't seem to have one of those lives where I literally have nothing to do. Now that graduation is over I have to start packing and getting ready to move. Actually, I have to pack for move #1, there will be 4 moves for me in the next two months. Oh, joy. So, as you can see, I have plenty to do. However, I have lots of commenting on blogs to do and I am in need of some wedding cards. Guess that means I have to do some crafting and take a break. WOO HOO!
I have a couple of graduation scrapbook pages coming your way but since it's wedding season, I thought I would entertain you with this pretty blue card I made for Paper Play Challenge Week 20,
Tuesday Morning Sketches #47, and most importantly, my friends Charmaine and Dustin who are getting married in June. I even made a super envelope using the snazzy scoring board that Molli bought me for my birthday! (And it's lined too!)
DON'T FORGET! You need a new set of WMS' stamps and I'm giving one away! Scroll down to the May 17th post for details on how to win!
Monday, May 24, 2010
I'll be closing my giveaway Friday, May 28 so that more people can play. My buddies Belinda and Ren-Yi have put the challenge out there to their follower and I hope a see a few more people! (Also, I'm doing a random drawing so don't feel like you have to compete!) Go on, see what "outside the box" is for you, or check out the awesome sketch at Scrap Our Stash. Hope you can play!
Monday, May 17, 2010
* Fair warning, this is a long post. I think it's worth reading about the giveaway and at least there's a pretty card at the end! *
Welcome to my lengthy post for the Waltzingmouse Stamps' (WMS) May Blog Waltz. This month is both WMS' and my birthday and I have quite the birthday present for you! It's been 6 weeks since I've blogged. (It hasn't been quite that long since I crafted, check out Scrap Our Stash to see some of my other projects!) A lot has happened in 6 weeks, let me fill you in:
- I missed the April WMS Blog Waltz, and I was sad for days. :(
- I became a Guest Design Team Member at Scrap Our Stash
- I *successfully* defended my thesis
- I had a birthday on May 1!
- I was denied a margarita...and then got it for free (<- Critically important after a thesis defense!)
- I ran in the Montana Women's Run with my best friend and my new B-Squad mom!
- I graduated from college with my 2 bachelor degrees and my masters degree
- I said goodbye for the last time to some dear friends
- I accepted a job offer that will take me to Columbus, Ohio in July
- I went through my craft stuff and I have decided to sell almost 1/2 of it!
Those are just the highlights! A lot has happened and I've decided that I will be giving away some goodness as a way to celebrate!
Here's how to play along:
1) You must become a follower of my blog
2) You must go to Scrap Our Stash and submit something for either one of the May challenges (There's a sketch and theme challenge)
2.5) If you use WMS Stamps, you'll get 2 entries!
3) You must comment on this post with a link to your blog post!
What will you win?
You will get a Fiskars Stamp Press and the WMS Set of your choice! This is a rather large prize (especially for any of my stateside followers) and I want a ton of people to participate so, I'll leave this open until May 24!
You're probably wondering what I did for this Blog Waltz, huh? Here's my card!
Belinda sent to me as part of our Swappin' Sistahs challenge and a piece of copper metal sheet. I embossed the words and frame so that they stood out better on the patterned paper. If I were to submit this as my "outside the box" card at Scrap Our Stash I would have to say that using the metal sheet and the flowers-on-a-pin as something I always see but never use. In case you're wondering the card is a little mini 4 x 4 card and I'm thinking it needs a matching envelope. Back to my craft area now!
For those who are Waltzing with WMS and stumbled on my blog, go check out the WMS Forum or Claire's Blog for all of the links to the other participants' blogs!