Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 5

Today's post will be short and sweet. I'm getting ready for a crazy busy day at work tomorrow filled with nomtastic food.The fifth topic is:

Christmas Cards


For the past three years I've been handmaking our cards. I am not good about sending out cards on time. Ever. Handmaking things just compounds the issue, but I think I'm smart enough to plan ahead...WRONG!
Every year, I start talking about making Christmas cards in August. Every year, I make one in the summer, feel stupid, and wait until December 12 to start my cards. This year, was almost different. I made a card in March and another in May. Then, I came up with a sketch and a plan for cards in August. That's where the difference stopped for 2012.
As of this moment: My cards are not mailed. I have made them though. See, that's where I fell into old habits...I made 2 on December 12 and then the other 48 of them on Sunday, December 16. I have printed photos of the Mr. and I ready to go. I just need to finish write our 2012 letter and address all of the cards. Hopefully, I'll get to give most of these cards to our friends and family in-person so I don't feel too bad about not mailing them yet. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Better luck next year?

You will notice a distinct lack of card photos. I want to let my few friends who read my blog to see the cards in person first. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment