Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Box

So, you get another short post today but since I work on Friday night (loads of fun!) I intend to finish a couple of these posts! This is another Tuesday Morning Sketch inspired creation. I learned something that they never taught me in school - Measure twice, cut once, try folding and fitting, CUT AGAIN, and glue once. Another thing that can't be taught in school is how to cope when your measurements weren't good enough the first time! (That glue was permanent...those were my only two sheets of paper. *sigh*) This box went from being a two piece get-up (a box with a lid) to a one piece contraption (a box with an attached tip-open lid). I used the exact same paper, ribbons, brads, and flowers as I did on the card set inside. There are even some envelopes in the box! Yay! I have just a smidge of ribbon and a couple of flowers left so I may have to decorate a pen to put in the box as well! Enjoy my slightly cock-eyed attempt at a card set!

Details:
Medium Weight Natural Chipboard - Grafix
White Cardstock (inside box) - The Paper Company
Polka Dot Paper - My Mind's Eye "All Girl" Stack
Flower - Fabric Fancies "Aquamarine"
Brads - SEI "Wintersong" Collection
Pearls - The Paper Studio
Ribbon - Goodwill Stash
Adhesives: Zips (ribbon adhesive), 3M Clear Scrapbook Glue

3 comments:

  1. Wow - this is really pretty! I like how my sketch inspired this creation.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Glad you were able to do the sketch. Always good to be able to adapt, but it looks like your box came out! :) It will be a great set!

    ReplyDelete