Sunday, January 10, 2010

Swappin' Sistahs Card Swap - My turn for torture!

Note: We have a "name" now - we are the Swappin' Sistahs. I'll try to add this into my post titles from now on! :)
It was my turn to send the supplies this month so I headed to my LSS and picked up 2 SEI sets of paper and embelishments. I was the December sender (he he, that rhymes!) so the ladies got some extra supplies as a cheery holiday surprise!
I made two cards! Up first is this one - I used paper and acrylic brads from the SEI Winter Song collection and a stamp from the G Studio (AKA Michaels $1 bin). The scalloped edge comes from the special blade I picked up for my Fiskars rotary paper cutter. Even though I plunked down $40+ for a nice Purple Cows Cutting set (the freestyle mouse) I still prefer my rotary cutter. It probably has something to do with my poor dexterity and obsession with straight cuts! ;)
You might notice that I actually layered my card. Impressive, no? I used my new Cuttlebug die to cut out the intricate squares and made them into stickers...using the Xyron Create a Sticker 250 this time. :P While the paper is part of a Christmas collection, I really don't feel like the card is overly Christmassy. Thoughts?
The second card is also a thank you card, noticing a theme yet? The card uses paper and embellishments from SEI's Moravia collection which also came from my LSS. I actually had a dream that lead to this layout. (Don't ask, it's better that way!) I resisted the urge to put this on a solid background and went with the "subtle" pp approach. It's not too patterny and it seems to ground the lines under the copper panels well.
With the exception of the G Studio stamps (again, Michael's $1 bin) and embossing powder, I didn't add anything from my collection. I did cheat a little though. I used ribbon that I had from the Moravia set...but not ribbon that I sent out to everyone. Is that really cheating though? :) Also, I'm admitting to a cover-up mission. The oh, so, cute button embellishment is covering my crappy stamping/embossing job on the Thank you image, where there were supposed to be flowers there were roundish blobs. But I meant to do that! ;)
Hope you enjoyed my cards now head on over to the others' blogs so you can see their wonderful creations!

This month is Ren-Yi's turn to send out supplies and I can't wait to see what she's going to challenge us with!

1 comment:

  1. great cards! sorry my cards are kinda on the late side, but i had fun with the goodies that you sent! :)

    ReplyDelete