Sunday, January 10, 2010

And now I'm even double dipping!



(Edit: After learning of the amazingness of Your Next Stamp, this card is now for 3 challenges! w00t!)
This frosty birthday card is for three challenges. (That's pretty big for me!) The first challenge is the Pollycraft Monday Challenge. The challenge this week is to use winter/christmas stamps on a birthday card. So, I pulled out my DCWV Holiday matstack and my trusty Inkadinkadoo Snowflake stamps and made my own patterned paper (under the beer glass). I colored the beer glass with colored pencils and popped up the beer foam. I used light blue shading and some clear embossing powder to make it look a bit more enticing. Yum-o! Fantabulous embossing on the foam makes this card YNS #7 - Embossing worthy! Score!
 I then used my making memoried magnetic stamp set (and the Rummage Alphabet) to make my sentiment. After I decided what I wanted to make, I decided I needed a sketch. I'm a little predictable with my layouts! So, I headed over to Tuesday Morning Sketches and found the perfect sketch. To make the sketch fit my bubbly beverage I pulled another piece of patterned paper from the Holiday matstack and cut out some equal sized snowflakes.
I think I've finally made a card for a guy without using glitter, ribbons, pink, or flowers. I'm beaming with pride now! And it worked for three challenges. Lovely!
Card details
Paper: All from DCWV Holiday Collection
Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketches
Stamps: Magnetic stamp set by making memories, Grunge Alphabet
Embellishments: Clear embossing powder from A la card, Snowflakes cut from DCWV Holiday Collection paper, 3-D foam from 3L adhesives, colored pencils by Crayola, image from stash

7 comments:

  1. HAHAHA..this is too cute! Something my hubby would like! LOL!

    Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This card is awesome! I like the details even for a guy card! At first you don't notice that it's snowflakes and then it all comes together nicely. Great way to do two challenges. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This is really cute! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some fabtabulous beer foam embossing! Thanks for joining us at YNS.
    Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome! Love the beer foam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on a winter birthday card Stephanie, love it!!

    Thanks for playing along with the Pollycraft challenge.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love the beer!!
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete