Friday, May 27, 2011

Scrap Our Stash May Challenge

I struggle with using flowers on my scrap pages because I love the huge 3D flowers that are popular, so I decided to try a new type of 3D flower (well, new technique for me, many people have been doing these for a while.): The rolled flower.
I chose to do a card because I could put it in a box with a gift and not worry about it getting mashed as it would in my scrapbook. The flowers were pretty simple, since I'm not buying any new stuff for 2011 (with some notable exceptions) I didn't use a die or any templates. I just punched a circle and started cutting in a spiral. I scrunched, rolled, and then went nuts with Glossy Accents to hold it all together. I had to use hot glue to get the flowers to stick and I'm happy to report that I didn't burn myself. I wanted the flowers and the sentiment to pop, so I kept the rest white. Could have easily been a wedding card, even though I used it for a birthday. Super versatile!


Now it's your turn to take the May Flowers Challenge. See all the details HERE! Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

3 comments:

  1. whoo hoo! it's my card! I really liked this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers can be made any color for any occation. Perfect for us where supplies are hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely gorgeous. i love the lil blue flowers - any particular tutorial you followed?

    ReplyDelete