Sunday, August 29, 2010

SOS August Challenge

I hope you came my way from the Scrap Our Stash blog (if you didn't, you should definitely check out what's going on over there!) I made this card for my bestie and I hope she really likes it. It features a great sentiment stamp from one of my favorite stamp companies: Waltzingmouse Stamps! I also used this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch for some inspiration!  The tricky part wasn't the crochet flowers or chain. It wasn't matching the purples or cutting the paper. It was getting the darn metallic Staz-on ink to stamp right. I've never used this stuff before, but I really like it...now that I've spent hours practicing on scrap paper with it! You can't really tell, but the paper that it's stamped on is mirrored and purple, I think it came out quite nice in real life!
This is the part where it pays to read through all of my ramblings! If you read this thing regularly, you know that I said my SOS post would be sweet, and it is! I have a stamp set to give away! I was at a store this week and I saw this Basic Grey stamp set and thought to myself - a set with flowers, what a perfect giveaway! So, here's the deal: post a comment about your favorite stamping technique/brand/ink/paper/etc and become a follower by September 1 at 12:00 am eastern time to be entered into the random drawing. EXTRA BONUS: Post again if submitted anything for the August SOS Challenge to get a bonus entry (This is open to Design Team members)!

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job and I'm sure your friend is going to love it! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete